Friday 10 July 2009

photo forum mkII..

i really enjoyed showing my work to a dark room of photographers in london last night - thanks to anyone that could make it. quite a contrast of different work but i think everyone really enjoyed the varied approaches and stages that people were at in their projects/careers. john angerson view of england was inspiring definitely worth spending some time looking at his images. in quite a stark contrast Dalia Khamissy's work shine on some issues that i don't think anyone had even realised existed - a nice body of work. head over to photo forum  next month for some interesting photography and a pint of your favourite tipple..

i showed three slideshows of work last night to show three different aspects to the way i work. first off I put a selection of my day to day press photos and portraits up with some backing music by dj shadow...

secondly I wanted to show how i work when the story is mine and i'm trying to work to my own direction. i showed a story i shot called bessies which is on display on my website. it describes the day to day life of a lady called bessie who runs a small pub from the front room of her home in a small village in west wales. 


lastly i wanted to show something a bit different. my take on an assignment that i have been given and want to shoot my own way whilst shooting it the correct way for the client. at the begining of 2009 i went from lands end to john o' groats for the sun newspaper. we made the trip without using any chain stores, garages or hotels. we were at the peril of the independents of britain. i shot some time-lapse photography along with some stills of the people i met along the way whilst wiring the essential pictures to the desk everyday...


lands end to john o' groats unchained from mike lusmore on Vimeo.

1 comment:

dalia said...

hey hey!! Mike dear! I was googling my name, looking for a gallery I was exhibited in and I fell on your blog, and read what you wrote about my work!! Sweet of you and now I am happier that I showed it after I read that you wrote you thought no one had even realized those issues existed! This is exactly what I aim at in my life! I am happy it had this impact. It was great meeting you and I hope to see you soon, Dalia.