Thursday 2 October 2008

back from the dead..

so this was my first foray back into the world of newspaper photojournalism after a few days of hospital food enabled me to stay in my bed for a little bit longer than i had expected.

infact it was only a few hours after writing the last post on here that I ended up in the a&e dept at the local hospital being told it would be a four hour wait before a doctor with obvious pain management issues would be stabbing at the back of my leg with a scalpel. an event that would then lead to me being holed up next to what can only be described as the most random selection of 'roomies' i have ever had. there was the guy that kept asking for the nurse to help him in a tone that resembled dying, mr noisy beeping noise, two guys with petrol generators for asthma nebulisers and then the guy who was handcuffed to his bed with a policeman at his side 24/7.

one thing that must be said for the first day back as i was snapping the latest la senza collection was that the commonising of the croissant on the english supermarket shelves only made my 'press breakfast' worse. because i don't think that a pack of high st faux french pastry can really be qualified as a breakfast....i mean you get better than that in the travelodge..

No comments: