Tuesday 20 March 2012

Tom Denny



Tom Denny, Gloucestershire 2011 © Mike Lusmore

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Denny last year during the installation of a new stained glass window designed and created by him at a tiny church in the Forest of Dean. Abenhall church's new window was created to celebrate the Freeminers of the forest and I was kindly invited along to see it's installation.

Tom's work was so different to any stained glass I had ever seen before and I was really captivated by the detail and the story that he managed to convey. I admired his attention to detail and was jealous in his ability to see every part of the process through, from the concept, the design and construction and all the way through to the installation.

I had a small amount of time to photograph Tom after his long day and above is my favourite frame.

No comments: